KCNA's monthly e-newsletter for nurses
Advocate Newsletter Fall 2013
Strategies for getting hired today!
Save the Date!
The King County Nurses Association (KCNA) is a professional organization of registered nurses, committed to supporting members in health education, advocacy, and community service.
Core values are the principles that guide our actions, our interactions, and our decision making withing the KCNA organization. KCNA strives for excellence in service to its members and the community. These core values are indicators of excellence.
•Collaboration means building positive working relationships within the nursing profession and within the community of King County.
Strategic Plan for 2011-2016
Provide services that engage and enrich members
- Design and implement services and activities to engage the membership.
- Provide nursing continuing education opportunities for members.
- Explore current nursing practice issues and disseminate information to members.
- Increase technology methods to provide efficient methods for members to access information.
Manage resources to improve efficiency of organization
- Identify and implement technology that will enhance our organizations effectiveness.
- Practice fiscal responsibility to build and maintain financial reserves and to fund programs to support goals.
Collaborate with professional organizations and community groups
- Increase our networking/collaborating activites with other organizations.
Recognize and acknowledge excellence in nursing
- Expand public awareness of the impact of nursing excellence.
- Provide financial support to nursing students including populations that are underrepresented in the nursing profession.
History and Membership
Founded in 1903, KCNA is the largest of 26 district organizations serving registered nurses through the Washington State Nurses Association. Membership averages 3,200 RNs, representing all areas of practice, education, and health care delivery systems.
For More Information
KCNA Advocate, the official publication of the association, details health care and nursing issues, promotes association activities, and provides networking opportunities. For information about becoming involved in KCNA, contact the office by phone or E-mail.